Wednesday 3 October 2018

It's official ... I own a small business, eek!

I've been very flat lately, super flat; life for the past couple of years has been rather manic. G and I are not special, we recognise that life throws curved balls at other people too, but we do seem to have had one life changing incident after another.

One result was that I recently ended my teaching career, a sad but most likely necessary change but it's left me feeling a bit useless and unsure of what to do next; my confidence has taken a nose-dive. So I prayed, filled in applications for part time jobs, had a couple of interviews and...not yet or not the right thing. I was journalling at church when a lovely lady joined me; we chatted and I came around to the possibility of trying something completely new, an exciting challenge, something I could develop for myself. She explained how she'd done something similar at a time in her life when things were tough and talked about the boost it has given her and the passion it ignited. It's also very sociable and supportive. I may have shown more than a flicker of interest.
Well, it sounded a bit too good to be true but, as I'd just been asking God to direct me I felt I couldn't ignore it. I went home, logged on to the computer and started my research...I couldn't find a negative thing about the parent company or the lady who founded it.
So I researched the products...aha, a couple of negative reviews...nope, one or two mistaken purchases or a product that didn't suit - apologies issued and refunds given. 
I wrote yesterday about the company ethos - no nasties, all ingredients sustainable, made freshly in UK, no carbon footprint, no animal testing, vegan, gluten free...the list went on. 
Well then, it had to be super expensive, didn't it? Even then, not so...comparable to very popular mid-high end products.

I was invited to a meeting (there's a regular monthly support meeting - seemed more like a girl's night out to me) where the area manager explained how she'd found the brand and signed up, then a couple of more recent converts shared their stories.
Well - to cut a long story short - I loved the products, the ethos, the possibilities and the challenge SO, I have become an ambassador for TROPIC skincare :)

There's a fascinating back story, but I'll share that next time... 

Heck! Me! A business owner!

Jill

...and all the packaging is minimal and eco too. It's sooooo pretty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When the anxiety overtakes me...

Not feeling very beautiful at all this evening ... inside or out! Mental Health blog coming up... We’ve had a wonderful day, exploring Lis...